Friday, September 30, 2011

Quick 5 #5

1. Tonight, I'm leaving my family to spend the night with a bunch of high school girls. Our church is hosting a youth retreat, and the kids are all spending the night in their small group leader's home. Since I'm a small group leader this year, I'm heading to my co-leader's house to debrief the girls and spend the night with them.

2. Another part of this retreat is the cookie project I mentioned in my last Quick 5. Well, I've baked cookies 4 out of 5 days this week, and I have roughly 16 dozen cookies to show for it. It's pretty agonizing for my family to not eat the cookies I'm making, but I think we'll all survive. I'm not sure what our group total will be, but I'll keep you posted.

3. When I was at the doctor with Micah on Wednesday, I stuck Eli on the baby scale. 25 pounds. He weighed 22-23 from the time he was 9 months through his 15-month check-up, so I'm glad to see he's putting on a little weight.

4. Today, I gave Eli a piece of celery. He wasn't a big fan, so I put a little veggie dip on his plate to encourage him to eat it. He dipped it for a while, but then I looked over, and he was just eating a handful of dip. Mothering Fail.

5. I was looking at the calendar for October, and I couldn't believe how little was on it. After a super busy August and September, I'm glad our family will have a little down time.

1 comment:

Tori said...

I'm actually really glad to hear that Eli was just eating veggie dip. It drives Lee BANANAS when Alaina eats her condiments like a side dish. I'll tell him that she's not the only one. :)