Friday, September 23, 2011

Quick 5 #4

1. It's Micah's birthday! Time flies--my firstborn is three years old. Whoa. And he's such a great kid. I'm blessed. It's also my brother-in-law's birthday today, and his and my sister's tenth wedding anniversary tomorrow. Can't believe they've been married ten years, either.

2. I lost my camera, and I'm pretty sure it's gone for good. So, there haven't been any pictures lately, and since I won't be able to replace it for a while, there aren't likely to be pictures on this blog anytime soon. I'm not too upset that the camera itself is gone (it was oldish and on its last leg), but I'm very, very sad at the thought that I might miss capturing some cute moments in my boys' lives. Sheesh, what would I have done in the days before cameras existed?

3. Last Friday, I did not do a quick 5 because I was at a women's retreat. It was a good conference, and it was great to get away for a couple of days. I think every mom should be allowed to leave the house for the weekend every six months or so, just for sanity's sake.

4. Josh's parents and sister and brother-in-law are on their way here from Rapid City right now, getting ready to P-A-R-T-Y for Micah's birthday. (I plan on borrowing their cameras to get pictures of everything, so at least I won't miss this big milestone in my lack-of-camera days. And I'll do a separate "Micah is Three" post sometime next week.)

5. Our youth are having a retreat next weekend that involves a service project with an inner-city ministry. My high school girls small group is going to make and wrap 120 plates of cookies that we can hand out to the neighbors that live near the ministry. So, that's like 1400 cookies! Should be a fun, though large, endeavor. I'll let you know how that one goes!

Okay, off to some more preparations before the family gets here. Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments: