1. Go Big Red! I'm waiting for the boys to wake up so we can go watch the first Husker game at a friend's house. Although I'm excited for football season, I think I might get tired of reading through dozens of facebook statuses that only say "Go Big Red" or "GBR!"
2. Micah made his first ever purchace with his own money (that he earned doing chores). I thought for sure he would buy something edible, but he picked out a little orange water bottle. I thought it was a very good choice for such a little guy.
3. My cousin's birthday was yesterday, and since she lives in my town, I had the privilege of making her a cake. I made a chocolate cake with a layer of cream cheese mixed with whipped topping and Oreos in the middle with melted chocolate chips on top. Delicious....
4. Eli is really into making animal sounds. He only makes two--quacking and roaring--but there are so many animals that roar that he finds reasons to make those sounds a lot. We were reading a book with a duck character, and he quacked the whole time.
5. Tomorrow, I will go to church with my husband, sit with him, and possibly even arrive and leave with him. Being married to a youth pastor, this doesn't happen often. But it's our church's annual Family Fest--an outdoor worship service for the entire church body, meaning there's no separate nursery or youth services. And since all the prayers, announcements, and sermons are covered by other pastors this year, Josh doesn't have any responsibilities! There is clean-up that he'll pitch in with, but it's rare to have a Sunday "off" like this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment