1. This morning we went to the zoo, and we were in what I think is the smelliest part--the cave in the Kingdoms of the Night exhibit. Micah said, "I smell something." I said, "What?" He said, "I smell a foot!" Ha ha ha ha ha!
2. Fall weather is here, and I LOVE it! The boys and I have been playing outside and taking walks almost every day. I get excited every year when I get to wear jeans and sweaters again, although it's not quite that cool here yet. I guess I really don't like the heat. It's not so bad when you want to go swimming or play in the sprinkler, but it's annoying to get sweaty every time you step outside.
3. The NFL football season started yesterday. I have a fantasy football team, and thanks to Drew Brees, I already have 29 points in this week's matchup against Josh. My team won our league last year, and I'm starting out pretty good this year, too! I especially like that I got a quality individual for my QB. I had Tom Brady last year, and although he got me a lot of points, he's not the kind of guy I want to be cheering for. :)
4. Today we did the zoo with no stroller--just a backpack diaper bag and prayers that the boys would obey. They did great. Micah got one little talking-to about not running too far ahead, but I really didn't have too much trouble. We probably stayed too long, though. I carried Eli a lot, and by the time we got back to the car, Micah had used up almost all of his energy. But it was nice to not have to maneuver a stroller everywhere.
5. I can't believe it's been 10 years since 9/11. It's weird how different our country is now, and yet, how little my personal life was impacted. I know many, many people faced huge losses that day and the months and years that followed. This weekend, I'm making a point to pray for those who are still hurting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love quick 5
Post a Comment