Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lately

So I went to post pictures from February on Facebook, and I discovered that in the entire month, I only took two pictures. So I decided to just post them directly to the blog here, and give a little update on Micah as a 17-month-old.
It's very rare that Micah will fall asleep in our arms anymore, so when he started his nap out on Josh's chest a couple of weeks ago, I just had to take a picture. Soooo cute!


Micah weighs around 29-30 lbs, wears 24-month clothes and size 5 diapers. He's still got chubby little hands and feet that are shaped like potatoes.


Favorite games: Running in circles (preferably with Mom or Dad chasing), holding a ball and letting Mom or Dad hit it out of his hands, being tickled/wrestled/thrown in the air by Daddy, and climbing on anything and everything (kitchen chairs, the arms of the couch, any sort of box on the floor, etc.)


Current obsessions: Movies (his word for movie sounds like "money," and he says it over and over again when he wants to watch a Baby Einstein DVD), socks/feet/toe jam (he says "yok" for sock, then pulls them off and says "ew" over and over as he cleans the lint out from between his toes. He used to eat the lint, but thankfully I've broken him of that!), candy (If he sees a piece of candy, he'll point to it and say "num-num" relentlessly. Guess I gave him my sweet tooth!)


Vocabulary: He's saying a lot more words now, and will even repeat after us if we try to teach him a new one. Some of his most-used words and phrases are: movie, num-num, milk, water, book, Daddy, Mama, a-ball (don't know why he puts the "a" in front), teddy bear, turtle, go-go-go (when he wants to run in circles), waffle, no way, Elmo, pizza, ice, and a bunch more I can't think of. The word he says the most is "yeah," and one I can't get him to say for anything is "please." :)


I don't really think Micah has any idea that he'll have a little brother in 7 or fewer more weeks. We have taught him to point to my belly when we ask him where Baby Brother is, and whenever he sees and points to a baby when we're out and about, I ask him if we should get one and his answer is always, "Yeah." But I still think he'll be quite surprised when a little baby moves into his house. He's such a sweetie, though. Lately he's been hugging and kissing all his stuffed animals, and he blows kisses to just about anyone, so maybe he'll be sweet and gentle to his newborn brother. :)


Speaking of Baby Brother, I had an ultrasound last week where they measured the baby, and he's already 5 lbs, which puts him at around 9 lbs if I go to 40 weeks. Maybe 37 weeks is a better option...

No comments: