Sunday, March 1, 2009

Long Time No Post...

Well, it's been weeks since I posted anything, so I'll just spout out some random things we Browns have been doing lately.
This first picture is just a stylin' outfit that Micah wore to church. My parents came down to see "us" (but really they only care about seeing Micah) for a couple of hours after church that day.
Also this month, Micah made a couple of new friends. This is Alayna Dunlap. Her mom and I were teachers together. Another teacher friend of mine had a baby this month, and although Micah and I went to visit them, I forgot to take a picture (of course). These are the first people Micah has ever met that are younger than him!
Josh's parents and sister had the privilege of going on a Bible lands tour of Israel at the end of January/beginning of February. They had a great time, and they brought us back some loot. Here's Micah wearing the yamaka (sp?) they brought back for Josh.Josh and I have taken turns being sick this month. First Josh, then me, then Josh again. You know, when I signed up to have a baby, I never really thought about the fact that I'd still have to take care of him even when I was sick. It's not easy! Thankfully, Micah is just so easygoing that even though I was too achy to get off the couch, he could lie next to me and entertain himself. I entertained myself by taking pictures of us.
I started subbing this month. Luckily, all my jobs so far have been at the school where I used to teach, so it's been nice to know the students I'm teaching and to know all the teachers well enough that I don't feel silly asking a question. Micah has stayed at a friend's house while I subbed, and one day Josh got to stay home with him. That day Uncle Matt came over to play and to do laundry, so Josh and Matt got some Wii time in. I think Josh appreciates having someone to play Madden with. :)This month Micah turned five months old. He's starting to grow some hair, which you can kind of see in this picture. He talks, laughs, and buzzes his lips all the time. He also rolls over quite easily from back to front, although he's only done the front to back thing a couple of times. That's okay with me, since he still generally stays where I put him. His other trick is sucking his toes. Not sure why a person would want to do such a thing, but it sure is funny to watch! In this picture he's holding the Valentine's Day bear from Grandma Brown.

Well, there you have it. I'm working on posting pictures to Facebook, so stay tuned for a link if you'd like to see more. Blessings!

No comments: