Friday, August 26, 2011

Quick 5 #1

A few of my friends do this "Quick 5" thing. Basically every Friday they post five little snippets of what's going on in their lives or what they've been thinking about lately or anything else that they feel like sharing. I'm going to try it out today, although I can't promise that I'll get to it every week.

1. Tonight, Josh and I are going to the East/West game. It's the football game between the two high schools in the district where we live. We love going, because we get to see and talk with so many students and parents (and my old teaching buddies), since everyone in our town seems to go to this game. We get to watch our two athletic kids play football, and our 112 musical kids perform in the bands at halftime. We spend half of the game in the East stands and half in the West stands. It's a good time. It's like all the fun of high school, but none of the drama. :) I think Josh maybe even watches the game.

2. We get to go to the East/West game with no children, thanks to my wonderful cousin, Lauren. I am so incredibly thankful that she goes to college here! She has babysat for us more times than I can count. The kids love her, and she loves them. And she's one of my best friends.

3. Micah has started doing extra chores for 25 cents each. He still has his regular duties, but if he wants to, he will ask me to "earn a quarter," and I'll give him a little job like putting the clean silverware away or using our little carpet sweeper to clean up under Eli's high chair. I made him a little bank to keep his money in until he has enough to learn how to spend it.

4. I mowed my lawn last week for the first time since July 6th or so. Yes, it was ugly and brown for the last several weeks (apparently that's what happens when you don't water it), but at least I didn't have to mow in the sweltering heat!

5. Josh just started Hebrew class for seminary. Last night he was learning the Hebrew alphabet. I took a glance at his notebook, but it was Greek to me! (Ha ha ha ha ha ha!)

1 comment:

Tori said...

Nice work on the Quick 5! :)