Sunday, August 21, 2011

Life is Good.

Here we are at the zoo. This was right before a little girl came up and tried to pet Eli....


Sheesh, I'm terrible at updating this. I can't decide what I want this blog to be...should it have well-planned, thought-out posts, or should I just pop on a few times a week and share the latest silly things the boys do? Hmmm.....




Well, today is just going to be a silly update.




I've been thinking lately how nice it is to not have a baby right now. Don't get me wrong, we definitely want more kids, but I'm really enjoying this stage where things are just a little easier. I mean, both kids can generally sleep all night long. They both feed themselves. They both walk places, so I don't absolutely have to have a stroller wherever I go. They can play together, take baths together, help each other with (little) things.




I think the nicest thing right now is that we're at a point in our "training" where the boys generally stay out of the things that they shouldn't be in. Meaning that I can trust them to behave themselves long enough for me to take a shower or whatnot. Granted, we're talking like 10-15 minutes max, and I always make sure they're cared for and occupied with an activity while I'm busy, but it's nice to not have to keep my eyes on them 100% of the time.




And, they're hilarious. Micah says the funniest things. I'll have to start posting a "quote of the day" or something. Like the other day, he had a little cut on his toe, and I told him it was time to help me pick up the puzzles (that Eli and him had dumped all together in the middle of the floor).


He said, "Oh Mama, my toe hurts. I just can't do puzzles when my toe hurts."


So I said, "Should I get you a band-aid to help your toe feel better?"


"Not really. I think I need a snack to help my toe feel better. Maybe some Cheez-Its."


It was snack time, so I got him some Cheez-Its and he ate them. Then he came up to me and said, "Mama, my toe still hurts. Those Cheez-Its didn't work." Ha ha ha ha!




Eli sings the ABC's. It's so cute. Every syllable sounds the same--just kind of an "ah," but he definitely carries the tune! Silly boy, singing before he can really even talk. He does say a few words, though. And he says "Did it!" every time he puts a puzzle piece on the puzzle board. And he is a ladies man. He's not shy about flirting with any teenaged or older girl that he sees. :)


I love my boys. I love being their mom. Life is good.

3 comments:

Josh and Erin said...

awwwwww. :)

Tori said...

I totally know what you mean about it being nice to not have a baby. I'm trying really hard to enjoy every stage, and I think we'll have at least one more too, but I'm really looking forward to Joya NOT being a baby. I just don't think I'm much of a baby person. I get it. :)

Nicole said...

You should definitely post Micah quotes because I just had a great laugh! Ella is starting to be a silly goose as well. So much fun!