- Micah has seen me clean his grubby fingerprints off a DVD so many times, that today I saw him breathe on a DVD, then pull up his shirt and rub it on his bare belly before putting it in the DVD player. (By the way, that's NOT how I clean them!)
- Once, when I was watching t.v. and Micah was trying to tell me something, he came over, grabbed my chin, and turned my face to look at his. Just like I do when I need his attention. :)
- Micah "helps" me fold the laundry by picking an article of clothing out of the basket, shaking it, and then laying it in a pile on the couch. I never realized that I shake all the clothes before I fold them, but I guess I do.
- He's kind of obsessed with eggs, always wanting to hold them and whatnot. I finally let him break one for a recipe. He tapped it on the pointy end, and once it cracked, he just kind of squeezed until the shell crushed and the egg came out. I didn't have to show him what to do, though. He knew how to break an egg!
- While I'm slathering lotion on Micah after a bath, I usually have to pick a fallen hair or two (of mine) off his body where it's stuck to the lotion. Now Micah has started to pinch imaginary hairs off his skin and throw them on the floor while we're going through this routine.
- The most-spoken phrases in our house (judging by the phrases Micah imitates) are: "What are you doing?" "Where are you?" (when he's in another room and I can't see him), "Be careful!" (He said that one when Josh leaned his chair on two legs during dinner), and "No get me!" (i.e. "You can't get me.")
Do your kids do any humorous imitations of you? Tell me about it in a comment.
No comments:
Post a Comment