Sunday, July 26, 2009

Updates

Hello again, friends. Just thought I'd give you an update on some things in the Brown house. I love this picture, don't you? Josh had just caught Micah after throwing him up in the air. They're both having so much fun!

Well, summer is drawing to a close. This week is Josh's last week at camp (and my last week home alone), and the week after that we'll take a trip to visit the Browns in Rapid City. Then it's back to life as usual around here. Josh will turn 26 on August 7. Micah will turn 1 on September 23....sheesh.

Some new things for this fall are that 1)Josh will celebrate one year of full-time employment with LifeSpring Church on September 1. It's been a busy year, for sure, but a good one.
2)The youth pastor that he's worked with for 5+ years will be moving on to plant his own church, leaving Josh solo until the church can hire someone else. We'll miss Pastor Jim, but we're excited for his next endeavor.
3)I will be doing a long-term sub job for a K-8 Christian school near our house. It's two days a week, and I'll be subbing until they find and hire their own music teacher....or possibly until God tells me I should be their permanent music teacher...at this point I'm just not sure that's what I should be doing. Micah will stay home with Daddy on Mondays (Josh's day off), and some friends will watch him on Fridays. If only a Grandma lived close. :)

Micah is now ten months old, and at last check he weighed over 20 pounds. 12-month size clothes are fitting him comfortably. He babbles all the time, with a huge array of different sounds. His favorite things to do are look out the window, climb up the stairs, play in the laundry basket, and grab anything he's not supposed to have (Josh's computer, cell phones, etc.) He's eating all kinds of grown-up foods now, but he really likes crackers. Although he's not walking yet, Josh and I both think he could do it if he wanted to. If we stand him up, he'll stay standing for a few seconds and then lower himself to the ground. One of these days he'll figure out he can move his feet while he's upright, and he's just going to take off. Part of me can't wait for that accomplishment, and part of me dreads his mobility!

There you go. That's what's happening. Leave a comment or something so I know who actually reads this!

4 comments:

Josh and Erin said...

I read it Brie!! :) I love the updates! :)

Nicole said...

You've had quite a summer! I can't wait to see all of Micah's new "tricks" on Thursday...I can't believe he's almost a YEAR OLD!!

Unknown said...

I love your pictures and blog. I am Rose and Kenny's cousin (Roger and Joann's daughter) and I had asked Rose if any of kenny's kids were on facebook or websites I could see. You have a wonderful family and I thank God for technology that allows "virtual visits." If you're ever in Texas, look us up.

kenna.fla said...

Z - I check this thing every morning when I get to work. I guess I should be working, but...pictures of Micah are much cooler.