Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Few Firsts

We've had quite a few new adentures in July. I thought I'd post about some of Micah's (and my) new "firsts."

On July 2, we went to the Omaha zoo. Micah did pretty well, although he didn't take a nap the entire time we were there (8:30 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.). There was so much to see, and we didn't get through it all. His favorite part was watching the penguins. He sat on that rail and giggled and wiggled with glee for several minutes.

Last week we went on a road trip with my sister-in-law and niece to their house in Mississippi. On the way, Micah experienced his first fast-food playplace. He spent forever trying to climb up the slide! What a great way to get the wiggles out on a 2-day, 20 hour trip.

While in Mississippi, we went to CiCi's Pizza and Chuck E Cheese. Neither Micah or I had ever been to either one of those. He tried pizza for the first time (and LOVED it!), and he liked riding on the little cars they have for toddlers. We took a really cute sketch-photo booth picture while we were there....I'll have to scan it and post it later. Here's a picture next to a game made just for us. :)
Micah also tried muffins, grilled cheese, diced peaches and cooked carrots (instead of mushed) on this trip, and he loved all of them. In fact, one morning he was holding onto my hands to practice walking, and he walked right over to where the muffins were on the counter, stopped, and screamed to let me know he wanted one.

On this trip, we also tried an outdoor pool for the first time, played at a splash pad, and did a ton of other fun things. But the last "first" of the trip was the ride home--on an airplane. I was a little nervous about travelling by myself with an infant, but of course he did great. He even cut a tooth sometime on one of the flights, but he wasn't fussy. I wouldn't have even known, had it not been for all the drool!

We've got a week and a half at home, and then we'll head to Grandpa and Grandma Brown's house for our last adventure of the summer. Can't wait!

No comments: