Friday, October 7, 2011

Quick 5 #6

1. I subbed twice this week. Once was a half Day for the public school district, and the other was a full day at Cornerstone. Cornerstone is much more enjoyable, mostly because I know the kids, but also because I don't have to teach the same grade more than once a day. I like variety.

2. While I subbed today, I got to teach beginning trombone--as in, the second time they'd ever had class. It was loud and awful-sounding, but oh, so fun!

3. The cookie project from last week went well. We ended up with 99 plates of cookies, and when they passed them out, there were plenty left over. Glad we didn't make up 120 plates, as we originally planned!

4. Thanks to my sister-in-law, Jenny, I have a temporary camera. She sent me her old one to use until I get my new one. It works pretty well, although they replaced it because it was on its last leg, so it won't last forever. I have wasted no time in taking pictures, though! I don't want to forget to capture all the beautiful, mundane moments that happen every day.

5. We're going to take a mini-vacation in a couple of weeks. It's a long story, and we'll have to listen to a time-share presentation while we're there, but we'll spend two nights at Wisconsin Dells followed by a day or so at Camp Forest Springs, where Josh's brother Matt is currently living. I'm getting excited! Usually, our "vacation" days are spent visiting family (which we love), so it's a rare treat to just go someplace as a family.

No comments: