Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin Patch!

A couple of weeks ago, we visited a pumpkin patch with the Jantz's (Ryan Jantz is the other student pastor with Josh). They have four kids, so altogether it was a crew of six kiddos and four adults. We had a blast!

It took some searching to find a smaller pumpkin farm that wouldn't be as crowded as the ones right in Omaha, but we ended up at the Bloom Where You're Planted Farm, a little south of town, and I'm glad we did. It was just the right size, with lots of stuff to entertain our young kids, but without the crowds and pricey admissions.

The first thing the kids did is play on a hay bale that you could jump on from a cattle chute. They'd climb up, slide off, and do it again and again.
I think their favorite part was this "corn box." Less messy than sand, but so much fun! They climbed and jumped, dug, and were buried in corn. Here's Micah holding a giant squash (or something?) in the gourd garden.
Then we took a wagon ride out to the field to pick a pumpkin. Here's the Jantz family:
Believe it or not, this is actually the better of the two family pictures we attempted.
It took Micah a long time to pick out a pumpkin. He kept picking one up, turning it over, and then putting it back down because it had dirt on it. I think in the end Josh just brushed one off before Micah noticed the dirt.
They had free pumpkin painting, so Micah used a paintbrush for the first time. I think he did a fabulous job, and he didn't even get messy.
And just for kicks, here's a pic of my manly husband, atop a tractor with his sippy cup. :)
I made Josh take a picture of me just to prove that I was there. You can see Micah's paint job a little better in this one.
Going to a farm like this reminds me of growing up in the country and of hanging out at the Schweitz's farm almost every Sunday afternoon. Good times...

No comments: