Just wanted to share a funny story.
Micah knows almost all of his capital letters, so he's always pointing them out when he sees them. He has a growth chart in his room with his name on it, and yesterday, we were in there and he was naming off all the letters on the chart. So he said, "M-I-C-A-H, Micah!" I was kind of shocked and amazed that my not-even-two-yet child could not only recognize letters, but he could actually read his name! Of course the thoughts that popped into my head were ones about how smart my kid is and how I must be an awesome parent and whatnot. Then Micah moved from the growth chart to reading the letters on my shirt. He read, "G-O, Micah!"
Oops. I learned two lessons yesterday: 1)I shouldn't jump to conclusions about my son's apparent cognitive development, and 2)Comparing my kid's abilities to other kids' is a dangerous path that leads to false pride. Ha! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cute!! It IS still a great feat that Micah can recognize so many of his capital letters, so I give you permission to think those things about your child and parenting skills. :)
Post a Comment